Everyone knows that parenting is a full-time job. Whether you have a newborn or a teenager, being a parent requires round-the-clock attention and a boatload of patience. As parents ourselves, we created PowerUP | PowerDown with you in mind. Here’s why you’re exhausted, and how we can help.
- You never sleep through the night. Ever. When you bring a newborn baby home, sleeping through the night means taking cat naps in 2-3 hour stretches. As your kids get older, they start creeping into your bedroom in the middle of the night, crawling into bed with you and immediately become a human octopus—sticking their elbows in your sides and feet in your face as you try to catch a few last precious hours of sleep before the alarm goes off. And don’t even TRY to catch a few winks when your kid is a teenager. You spend your nights trying to nod off while trying to convince yourself that your kid is fine, while replaying all the crazy stuff that you did at his or her age. By the time your children move out of the house, your body has become biologically predisposed to staying on high alert when you should be sleeping.
- There is no downtime. When you’re a parents, there is no mental rest period. You start to do a task and you get interrupted 5 times by 3 kids that want 20 different things. It’s just the way it is when you’re a parent. Ever locked yourself in the bathroom just so you could check your e-mails on your phone? It’s okay, we all have. There’s no sanctuary as a parent. You’re always on.
- There’s no vacation from parenting. You can be halfway around the world and you will still wonder if your child did okay on his science test. Wondering what your kids are up to will always occupy a large room in your mind. And don’t even try to take a “sick day,” even if you’ve come down with the bubonic plague. Food still needs to be served, laundry still needs to be done and kids still need you to help solve their problems.
- Your brain is always maxed out. When you become a parent, no one warns you of the never-ending audio track that will accompany you everywhere, for the rest of your life. “MamaMamaMama” and “Why don’t cats wear shoes” and “Can I please have the car keys” are on repeat, no matter what the age of your children. Having the patience to deal with a meltdown that starts with “I didn’t waaaaaaaaaaaant the red cup, I wanted the bluuuuuuuuuuuuue one” is more patience than is required of most yogis. And yogis get to sleep for a full 8 hours every night.
- You stay up until the early morning hours just to have a little time for yourself. Want to start that new Netflix series or catch up on a great book? Hello, 2AM! Sometimes it’s worth sacrificing sleep for those few moments that actually remind you that you were once a completely competent adult, and there is more to life than Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Goodnight, Moon.
Now, lest you think we are dissing parenting--we know that every missed minute of sleep, every “Daddy, come read me a story” when you’re already 10 minutes late for work, every hair that turns gray as you sit on the couch waiting for your new teen driver to return home—is completely worth it. But what if you could handle the challenges of the day and the exhaustion of your nights with a little more pep and a little less anxiety? We’ve got the perfect solution for you: PowerUp and PowerDown.
PowerUp gives parents the mental clarity and focus they need when their own resources are short. Tackle the playroom and the boardroom without missing a moment! And PowerDown allows your mind to unwind at the end of a long day of worrying about everyone else—so you can take care of yourself.
Ready to be a more focused, calm parent? Take our 3-day challenge! We guarantee that you’ll feel more focused and rested, and you’ll be able to bring your parenting A-game, every day! For more information, click HERE.